From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Sleep is the state of natural rest observed in most mammals, birds, fish, as well as invertebrates such as the fruitfly Drosophila. It is characterized by a reduction in voluntary body movement, decreased reaction to external stimuli, an increased rate of anabolism (the synthesis of cell structures), and a decreased rate of catabolism (the breakdown of cell structures). In humans, mammals and many other animals which have been studied, such as fish, birds, mice and fruitflies, regular sleep is necessary for survival. The capability for arousal from sleep is a protective mechanism and also necessary for health and survival. Sleep is not synonymous with unconsciousness.

I define for you something our household has not known in almost 2 years! This picture was taken on a rare sighting - Arian is ASLEEP. This boy has just had 2 night in a row of sleep from 7:30pm -4am! HOORAY!!!
Arian is a chatter box , Loves "buuuks"
Does not like to get his hair cut.



More to come. I am still just trying to keep up this blog!!!
1 comment:
Hi Lisa-
congratulations on tasting the fruits of the work you did with Ari ! ( I had been meaning to ask you what had you awake thinking about anything at 4:00 am last week. since you decided to forgo your trip south to work with Ari and sleep, I'm guessing it was your son. The picture of Setareh and Ari sleeping next to each other has got to be about as darling as it gets. I don't think kids come any cuter than that !
Post a Comment