These girls played an incredible 1st soccer game Saturday. For most of them this was their very 1st soccer game ever! They are motivated and while they may look exhausted, I think they all had a great time. I had a great time too...I was also quite exhausted after the game. Because positions are a really hard concept to teach and to comprehend in 1st grade we all did a lot of running up and down the field. I showed one little girl where to stand during the kick-off and then her job was to guard the goal as a full back. She stood in the same spot afraid to move for most of the 1st quarter. The girls were precious and I am looking forward to the rest of the season!
"Every Sunday"

We had a lovely day paying our homage to Costco and then I actually got a nap, even longer than Arian. After our rest we headed to Quail Hollow to join several other people who know that March is all about flying kites. Not basketball. My kite had some engineering difficulties-I was the engineer so that explains a lot. Setareh and Siamak got their Costco kite way way up - "all the way to the clouds" Setareh said. Arian enjoyed watching the flying "duck" kites too.
Arian's speech made for quite some amusement for his parents this weekend. As we got into the Volvo after a lovely evening at my parents Siamak notice ANOTHER computer message of something else to fix. At the same time Arian yelled from his seat "Ah Truck!" except Arian can't say truck. He replaces "tr" with an "F" and Siamak and I couldn't breathe we laughed so hard for most of the ride home giving Arian lots of positive reinforcement to repeat his profanity for a good 10 minutes.

1 comment:
I love the blog!!!
Post a Comment