I believe I took my first steps at Auntie Irene's house in 1970 - I must have known then that the home was safe and special. Auntie Irene has been a part of many of my special memories. Exactly 10 years ago, May 1997, Auntie Irene and Uncle Hy were with me to celebrate my graduation from UC Berkeley. Here they are at our celebration picnic

My Auntie and Uncle were also at my wedding. That was exactly 7 years ago this week. I do hope I love and live as my Auntie Irene and Uncle Hy have. They emulate the perfect couple to me. I don't believe their life was easy but I believe it was an incredible and fulfilled life because they had each other. I don't have a picture but I have an embedded memory of their 50th Wedding Anniversary and 80th Birthday Party on Vancouver Island B.C. in 1998.
That was a few months before they came to visit us in Sierra Vista. My Auntie, Uncle and Grandma came to see us when we lived in our trailer. They did get to see the house (the one without wheels) we just purchased. We took that fearless threesome to Tombstone during their visit and Siamak took them to Naco, Mexico to buy some Tequila.
What I hear when I look at the photographs is her dear dear laugh. Always sharing love, laughter and the most gentile and sweetest sarcasm.
Another honor is that my very special Auntie got to meet my children. My children have this picture to remind them of how much their Great Auntie Irene loved her family. This picture is from July 2006.
No comments:
Post a Comment