So many things changed in Salt Lake while Siamak and I were in Arizona. We left before Trax, the Downtown Library, the Gateway, the new Fine Arts Museum and the Utah Arts Festival was still at the Traid Center. Siamak and I talked about the evolution of the Arts Festival. This was the 31st Utah Arts Festival. It had a different feeling than we recalled.
Siamak is wearing an Arts Fest t-shirt from 1995 and when I looked at all the pictures with Rachel from 1990, I noticed in many of the photos I was wearing an Art Fest t-shirt from the 80's. While we had a nice time today, I had absolutely no desire to buy a t-shirt commemorating the event.
We did enjoy the music and Setareh was happy creating a beautiful hat with Grandma - very fun. It was crowded and hot but everyone enjoyed looking at the various art pieces and wares. This was Siamak's first visit to the downtown library so it was nice to be able to find some cool reprieve indoors and explore that amazing building. We took Trax to and from the U and apparently all events wore the kids out.
1 comment:
I agree with your thoughts on the arts festival. I used to go all the time when I was a kid and then as a young adult it was one of the "things to do" during the summer.
Now, not so much. The people watching isn't quite as interesting and it has lost something.
The last time I went, it was at the fair grounds. Perhaps that is what burst the arts festival bubble.
Post a Comment