Finland, Italy, Morocco, Iran, Ukraine, Canada, Belgium, Hungry, and a few of us born in the U.S. What amazing dinner guests!Siamak always complains before we go to a child's birthday party and then he always has a wonderful time. Yesterday was no exception. Last night we headed to the Ave's for one of Arian's classmate's birthday party's. We are one of a very few who live South and make the schlep across the valley for the wonderful pre-school. One of the wonderful things about the JCC pre-school is the diverse community that makes up the school. It was interesting that of the 15 families at the party yesterday, I was the only Jewish parent amidst the whole crowd. While it was unique to be the only Jewish parent, it was also unique to be one of the 7 adults born in the U.S. What wasn't unique was to be married to someone not from the U.S. People were speaking French, Swedish and Italian to their children left and right - it was fantastic!!! The food and the chocolate were wonderful too. I discovered chocolates that I LOVE! Italian dark chocolate could be one of my most favorite foods. Apparently I have expensive taste with an affinity for dark and exotic. Bon, Bien, Khelli-khoop, Tov!!!
1 comment:
mmmmm, italian chocolate.
When we were in Italy in 2005, besides gorging myself on gelato daily, I also discovered the wonderful thing that it, italan chocolate.
divine.
Post a Comment