Saturday, July 12, 2008

Kudos to Highland Care

I am not the biggest supporter of the fact that my grandmother lives in a nursing home. I recognize that my grandmother requires skilled nursing and I am thankful she is afforded that care. It's still hard accept. I would like to note how wonderful the Chuck Wagon Breakfast held yesterday was at Highland Care. The staff must have been preparing at 5am for the 7am feast! We did our best to arrive at 7am but I was impressed we were there by 7:30am. There were eggs, hash browns, pancakes, bacon, sausage, fruit, coffee, juice and muffins and danish...it was an impressive spread. Sonia ate, and ate and ate. My grandmother is 97 years old and in basically fantastic health from years and years of breakfast just like the one described above. We all enjoyed the food and the opportunity for such early morning fun. Thank you Highland Care...you took away a little bit of that nursing home feeling and gave us a great morning!

1 comment:

Annie said...

My grandma is at Highland care right now rehab-ing from a pretty rough spell. It's her second stay and we just had a b-day party for my cousin there tonight.

i wish I would have known about the breakfast. We could have come and not only spent time with her, but seen you guys as well.