Friday, July 18, 2008

More the Margaritaville - My Heroes!

Cliff was one of the very 1st neighbors I met in our circle 2.5 years ago. Be it, I met him one evening while wearing a bikini in the middle of the street in the heart of winter. Siamak was still living in AZ and I was entertaining my kids, Barrie and her kids in our hot tub when Barrie closed the back door and locked us all out. Towels inside, phones inside, shoes inside. It was quite the scene. We had only been in the house a couple of weeks and because Sia was away everything was locked up tight. I begged Barrie to go to the neighbors and call my mom to get the garage code (why my mom had the code and I didn't I can't remember). Barrie refused. Off I went...bare foot, in a pretty small swim suit trudging through the snow, knocking on door after door...nobody answered. I saw a van with some electrician ad on the side pull-up across the street and waved the nice man down and asked if I could use his phone. Can you imagine...a woman in a bikini flagging down some stranger in the middle of winter. I hoped he was an electrician working late at some neighbor's house. As it turns out I am sooo happy Cliff is our neighbor. But can you imagine, Cliff went home and when his wife asked what took you so long? He said, "I was helping a lady in her bikini out side." It was true...Cliff was sweet and loaned me his cell phone to resolve my situation. After such embarrassment I hoped I would never have to see Cliff ever again. A few months later, I was at a bridal shower when someone introduced me to Rosemary. Rosemary said, "Oh, my husband met you in your bikini last winter." The Runnin Utes would have been proud of the red in my face.

Over the last 2.5 years I have loved every Margarita Cliff has made and been so appreciative of his rescues!!!
Tonight, again, Cliff and Rosemary to my rescue.

Arian was playing in the hall playing with a nightlight and couple of pennies and kaboom! Big Flash! Burnt Outlet! And One Freaked Out Mommy and little boy!!! I made sure Arian was safe and ran to call Cliff and Rosemary. I was so afraid to touch the nightlight and the outlet and the pennies that were melted onto the plug. But sure enough I have heroes! Cliff and Rosemary arrived to save the day, reset the breaker and calm me (I could have used one of Cliff's Margarita's!) Besides a great bar tender and cell phone saint, Cliff is an electrician. Funny how my last post announced how I had made it through week 3. Ahhhh!

No comments: