
When I think of Rafi Schwartz there is only one expression that captures my thought
..."Ruach." The translation I believe is "spirit." There are few people in the world who are able touch you and your entire family and a whole community in an infectious happy way- but Rafi Schwartz without a doubt is one of those rare human beings. Rafi and I were buds when we taught at Kol Ami together and he was an amazing support for me when I was the director. No question, Rafi was the most incredible and talented person to take over and create a fantastic religious school and youth program at the synagogue. Rafi took me to the Conference for the Advancement of Jewish Education (CAJE) one summer...it was like attending a conference with a Rock Star - everyone knew Rafi and had been touched by his outpouring of
Ruach. It was an easy decision and a pleasure to send Setareh to synagogue with Rafi's leadership and
ruach that filled the building and every classroom. The sadness that fills my heart and everyone who has known Rafi is immense. How lucky those of us have been who have had our lives so enriched by knowing Rafi Schwartz.
No comments:
Post a Comment