Sunday, September 21, 2008

Angry Annoyed Relieved

I was lying in bed this morning trying to think of a title for this post. When several thoughts came to me. It seems like it was exactly a year ago that I posted about the firecrackers that woke us up at 3 am and ....and I tried to decide if I am angry or annoyed or relieved. I guess I am all of them. Friday night at 3 am I was awakened and had another big dose of adrenaline. Here's the chain of events:

I heard the garage door make a brief noise, then go all the way up....Alarmed I told Sia to go check it out - followed with the phone in hand...he tells me the Audi is gone and I call 911.
Sia stops to notice the neighbors garage door is up and both interior lights are on in their cars (both had been ransacked)...waited for the police, a report was made, fingerprints taken...too much adrenaline for 3am!!!!! 4:30 we are back in bed without our car, and the neighbors without a fly fishing pole, which was in a case that looks like gun case. Siamak kept telling me it was kids, this is a kids crime...still too much adrenaline for me to accept that theory or think calmly or let alone sleep.


The phone rang on Saturday morning at 7am...Sia answered and said,
"Yes, yes, yes, it was stolen last night, ok let me write that down - thank you."

A very nice man had called to say, " I was walking my dog on the golf course this morning AND there was this car sitting right on the 9th hole - I called the police AN HOUR AGO and they still aren't here so I found this paper with this very unique name and looked you up in the phone book."

Now, 24 hours later, we have our car (pretty trashed) and no thanks to the POLICE - I have put all the pieces together,with all the details that have surfaced(and I don't even watch CSI I am much more a Law and Order girl but my sleuthing took a little longer than a 1/2 hour) I know exactly what happened and who done it!!! We'll be keeping our eyes out for Sia's sunglasses and some cold, not too bright kids who left their JACKETS in the car!!!I am annoyed and relieved. This could have been A WHOLE lot worse.

2 comments:

Annie said...

Oh my goodness! That had to have been so scary! Glad that everything turned out okay and that there wasn't any real damage and no one was hut.

mbjorgensen said...

Lisa, I am so sorry. That has to be one of the worst feelings. Home should feel completely safe and sacred and it is such a violation when someone invades any of our space. Glad everyone is ok! Good job on the detective work too.