Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Cleaning Technology

I have not posted about Ana (my preferred cleaning technology)- who used to come to my house every other week with 5 other women and cleaned - I mean deep clean! The counters and floors were steam cleaned, the fridge and oven scrubbed spotless - I loved coming home to my immaculate home every other week. After an ugly heated discussion (OK, big blow-out argument), Siamak insisted Ana and the magical crew only come to our house 1x per month. I will look forward to the once a month beautification of our home.

I am not so above regular mopping and vacuuming etc. but it was a very nice treat to have Ana and the ladies - deep clean every other week. About the same time as we had to ask Ana to cut back, my $5 Clorox mop that I found convenient and easy to use broke into pieces - even the places I had applied duct tape fell apart. I looked for another Clorox mop at Smith's where I had purchased that one a year ago, but could not find it. I did find a Swiffer at Costco (of course) but thank goodness you can return anything to Costco because I have to return it - there was no squirty stuff with that one - just a stick with a flat piece on the bottom. So my sweet husband (who made me give up Ana) bought us the real deal Swiffer. When I say real deal, I am talking so high-tech that I think it should mop for you. I watched Sia put the thing together and was watching as he was reading the instructions (Yes... Sia cooks, cleans, does laundry, diapers and reads instructions). When he was standing there just pushing on the button to make the soap come out I assumed he didn't realize he hadn't yet put the soap in. Sia, quick to remind me of ASS of U and ME...was reading about the BATTERIES that need to be put into this mop. Yes, the Swiffer requires batteries and still it doesn't do the mopping for you. But, I should admit - it does help me do a very nice job on our mauve tile in the kitchen. The battery operated Swiffer is very easy and very convenient - it must be because of those high-tech batteries!

No comments: