Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me!!

It was a fantastic Birthday!!! Breakfast in bed was how my perfect day began. As I was applying make-up to my 38 year old face - Sia and the girls came into the bathroom singing Happy Birthday with a tray of coffee, juice, grapes, poached eggs (well, eggs cooked exactly how I like them) and a candle in some leftover Challah. I got back into bed to enjoy my birthday treat- Arian ate all the eggs and I had a wonderful start to my day.

KUER did an excellent piece for Water Wise Utah, my parents called and sang Happy Birthday to me and Felice also called from New York to wish me a Happy Birthday.

It was great to catch up with my friend who helped me celebrate my 18th birthday...20 years ago today!!! Wow! Felice was my roommate for all 4 years of college and she is still 20 years later one of my dearest friends.

Work was work...I am super busy and trying not to stress over organizing a Town Hall Meeting with state legislators, and folks from the county mayor's office etc. At the end of the day, another gift... Jenny called from Boston - Another cherished 20 year friendship. Siamak's family called from somewhere in the Oceans of Hawaii too.

When I got home - the house was sooo clean - Sia and Sayeh really out did themselves- they put Ana and the crew to shame. That was a fantastic gift...but the birthday just kept going and getting better.

I rushed to coach the last soccer practice of the season - where 2 little girls who at the beginning of the season were not at all into soccer, expressed their great disappointment that this was the last soccer practice -made my whole soccer coaching disaster all worth it - and another nice birthday surprise.
Sushi with my parents and grandma Malk - who by the way gave me a card that gave me permission to use my F word of choice to describe my advance in age. I think I'll go with her favorite quote, "It was OutF_ _ _ ing standing!" - Yes this is a phrase I have learned from my dear grandmother!

Sayeh babysat (beyond the cleaning -which was such a great gift in itself)and gave me wonderful bath products - As the day concluded I had a soak in the tub with all my new products- and felt..Fabulous!
My dear neighbors gave me sweet gifts, my parents gave me Sushi dinner and "Foo Dogs" - for household Feng Shui, Christine and Al sent an adorable framed photo of my kids from our Tahoe visit, and Sia gave me the coolest highest tech video camera I have ever encountered. As soon as I figure it out I will share as much as possible with all of you. My husband even bought me a big bouquet of beautiful roses.

It was a perfect day!!!! Thank you everybody!!!!

1 comment:

Annie said...

Happy Birthday Lisa! I am so happy that you had such a wonderful day. You deserve it!