Like families everywhere who celebrate festivals or holidays my family has some lovely traditions this time of year. Santa Clause has been finding his way down our chimney my whole life and our family has always exchanged gifts during the winter season - we are very fortunate.
I think my parents have done an amazing job at creating a special atmosphere that makes giving as fun and important as receiving. I have been awed and appreciative of the thoughtfulness of a wrapped gift{(s) mom and dad went a little crazy this year with sooo many gifts}that is unwrapped while sitting with family around the fireplace. This year the date was a little different but the celebration was just as memorable! Latkas, candles, dreidel cookies, Night 4 was wonderful!
Day 5 - Santa and Mrs. Clause were visiting in our neighborhood so we went for a photo-op. This is such a sweet picture. Arian is learning all about Santa but he has been singing "Jingle all the way..." since before Halloween. I think it is as genetic as Soccer...a little fact about Sia- he whistles Jingle Bells all year long!

On the 5th Night O'Chanukkah I had a family party with a white elephant gift exchange. Silly but fun.
Angie got the party going as everyone was way too polite - but she left me the gift she stole which is Hilarious -. Allon and Christine must be on some bazaar wave length because it was too funny that they both picked the bags I had disguised with U of U hats in them - the only 2 people in the whole room who could c
are less about the U - it was rather amusing.
Night 6 we went to Highland Care for a Cohne Hanukkah...more gifts...this has been an unbelievable season. I am glad Grandma Sonia got to have a little Chanukkah.
Night 7. Have I mentioned my friend Angie is amazing! Sia was out of town and Angie had left a gift - While she claims it is nothing - it is difficult to explain just how perfect her gift is. Angie gave us a checkers, chess and backgammon game set- we absolutely needed that. Setareh and I played checkers - it was her 1st time -I felt like a neglectful parent...my child is 7 and had never played checkers. I have been telling Sia for weeks that I think he should teach Setareh to play chess to help with her math skills (sadly I don't know how to play chess) and Sia loves Backgammon. - Such a simple gift that was so perfect and thoughtful...thank you so much Ang!

Night 8. A quiet night at home...Top Raman for dinner, laundry, and some cleaning around the house (putting away our gazillion gifts - this has been a quite a celebration).
But with this picture - James and his Great Grandma Malky is really what its all about!
1 comment:
Oh it sounds like you had such a wonderful celebration over the last 8 days or so.
Your family is so lucky to be able to all get together and enjoy the season and all that it has to offer. I love the way that I was brought up, and my parents did such a good job, but I wish that I would have been introduced to more cultural celebrations.
Your kids are so lucky.
Post a Comment